Voice of a Paralyzed man

Sometimes I fell a urge to go and dance in the rain,
feel to roam in every city and lane.
I really want to sing,
many people don't know if I am dead or still alive.
My life has been restricted to one room,
I just want to explore and try some new ice cream scoop.
Tubes and bottles have become a part of my body,
sometimes I feel to become small like noddy.
My life is a monotonous routine,
doctors have no hope for my condition including the dean.
I wanted to hug my daughter on her graduation day,
don't just wanted to just hear and lay.
My life has changed drastically after the accident,
it was my fault who could not see the nearby tent.
Everything was blur and my whole body was covered in blood,
I suffer from OCD but at that time I was 
engulfed in mud.
My body could not respond to any external force,
and that was the beginning of my medical course.
My family was shocked,
and my wife who was so frightened she got herself locked.
I could not move nor talk,
I regretted the fact that I could not walk.
I wanted to console them all,
i could not bear to see my daughter crying who is as pretty as doll.
My life seemed to come to an end,
it's like a damage which can't be mend.
Suddenly, everything seemed calm to me,
I could not hear anything nor see.
I felt peaceful and light,
didn't wanted to live nor fight.
I know my family will cry,
but now I have to bid them,"Good Bye."

-Shruti Upadhyay



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End is not far nor near

Memoir of swing

Truth or Lie