Democracy

 I was always being taught that India is a democratic country,

but is it really? Now, I think.

We do have a right to choose,

but where are the options to choose?

You can't say a child minded leader as an option,

or the one who have kept personal interest up than the national?

Do we really vote by our own views, 

or we give our votes because of the promise of huse?

The option of NOTA is as ignored

as the voice of women in terms of marriage.

It seems like we are still living in monarchy

when I see minister's son becoming Deputy or IRC.

People have came into terms of this democracy,

let it go, how it's going.

-Shruti Upadhyay

Comments

  1. surely, it's democratic. however democracy solely relies on the folks of the country. slowly, yet eventually, we'll see changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg to differ. Democracy means when party is elected by people, but when there is no option to choose but just one it's monarchy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End is not far nor near

Memoir of swing

Truth or Lie