She

 She says she don't know the exact time when I came, 

but just told me the story of my name.

She told me how my family was not pleased,

cuz I was a girl not a boy who will foreword their dynasty.

She told me how my face was just like a diamond,

how after my birth she didn't even got some almonds.

She fought and stood for me,

she is the only one with whom I shared moments of glee.

She told me how at my time of birth, my father had gone,

didn't got a chance to go to a hospital, yes I was home-born.

She was concerned for me and treated me like a glass,

but also trained me to fight and stand for my rights infront of mass.

I will prove my worth to all and I will make my mom forget this word -"cry",

I will do everything I can do to make my mom's head high...

-Shruti Upadhyay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End is not far nor near

Memoir of swing

Truth or Lie