Upcoming Storm

 I thought I would write something hopeful in this tough times. I took my pen and notepad and went to the roof, maybe nature becomes my muse. I always loved evenings, cold breeze crossing across your face, trying to find your beloved's face in the midst of rays. Even though the evening was cherry and peaceful there was something eerie about the evening. There was an underlying gloom well hidden in the chirps of birds or maybe it was hoots. I don't know what it was but it seemed like an intuition about the upcoming storm which will be wild. I don't have visions; I am not a sufi nor a scholar. But maybe it was a call or alert just like the thunder before the flood that swept away everyone except Noah. I was deep in my thoughts and didn't even realised that 3 hours have already passed, I registered it when there was a call for me coming from down. I collected my unused notepad and pen and descended down with a heavy heart and thousands of questions swirling by. 

-Shruti Upadhyay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End is not far nor near

Memoir of swing

Truth or Lie