Silence

 Sitting in the room, I could hear the minutes passing by

I was alone in the house, silence acting as an uncalled companion.

But the silence was chaotic

instead of peace I was flooded with questions and doubt on oneself.

The silence was piercing through my ears,

making me nervous, goose bumps surrounding me.

I stood up from the sofa and decreased the fan's speed.

I always craved for being alone for sometime to gather my thoughts.

But this loneliness, this silence was killing me slowly, breaking my vision and grasping all my theories.

I felt numbness taking over me, too tired to fight with it.

I allowed him to take over, to take my worries and provide me peace which I crave for.

My meditation broke when someone knocked the door, my uncalled partner slowly left my side, with a promise of returning again.

I recollected myself and held upon the door for the real chaos to enter.

-Shruti Upadhyay


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End is not far nor near

Memoir of swing

Truth or Lie