The Intruder

 He comes to our house in an oddly hours,

as if it's some _____ house,

calls as if he owns us.

He accuses us, ask questions as if

we are his slaves.

We hide our joys under the mask,

just because of him.

I want to confront him and

get my answers,

but stop because of my family's dignity.

I know who supports him from my family,

from where he gets his strength

like a man high on opium.

But she will never tell me

has shut the doors forever

whenever confronted met with aloof silence.

He acts like he is a well-wisher,

ha! What a joke, is it?

He is cursing us inside but,

have this fake devilish smile on his face.

He is pleased with our misery and

jealous of our joys.

I remember how he came into our lives,

it was so un harmful position which he took.

But gradually he applied break and defeat on us,

she who loved me the most

slapped me for the first time.

I was too young to understand it,

but he was slowly taking posession of her.

Giving small doses of heroin everyday,

making her leave us and choose drugs.

He is the killer! Catch him! I cried.

He killed my childhood, my family and my trust.

He started to win everyone's heart and

steadily became my family's part.

His burly look and his manipulative personality scared me.

I was discarded by my own because I didn't liked him,

I took up ounce of courage and smiled till my face hurts in front of him.

I said sorry to him for not my fault but his,

it was as if I was the intruder not him.

-Shruti Upadhyay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End is not far nor near

Memoir of swing

Truth or Lie