End is not far nor near
Lying by your side,
I kept my hand on your stomach
just to be sure you are breathing right.
It's not like your day has come, I would be the first one to know that.
The thing that shook me was the last sentence you spoke to me before lying down.
Those weren't words but a slap on my fragile heart, there are lots of things that you have said which had hurt me, but this one was the most treacherous.
How could you do this to me? I spent the time tossing and turning, silent tears falling onto my black sleeve.
I prayed and prayed to everyone I remembered to be with you till my last breath.
If you leave me here and fly back, it would be your freedom without being free. I would never let you taste the freedom which you so want to enjoy.
Would it be possible if we all leave the world at the same time, no one left to wail behind us?
I resonate with every line
ReplyDeleteIt feels like I’m looking into my own reflection
Great writing
Thank you so much for your wishes
Delete